Abstract submissions close on 7 October 2016
– click button below to submitSubmit Abstract
|Call for abstracts opens||1 July 2016|
|Call for abstracts closes||7 October 2016|
|Notification to authors of abstract acceptance||4 November 2016|
|Author acceptance deadline||18 November 2016|
|Final program released||30 November 2016|
|Presenter registration deadline||12 December 2016|
- BPH/male LUTs
Abstract template – Download
Abstract submission guidelines – Download
Abstract submission instructions
Abstract submission is a three step process:
Creating an account/logging into the Presenters Portal
First you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, click the button below
Once you have done this (and if you have not previously submitted an abstract) click “Create New Account”. Your contact details will be required to create the account.
Once you’ve created an account within this portal you can upload abstracts, edit abstracts that are still in draft, review briefing notes, and review terms and conditions at any time by logging in.
Download the Abstract Template located on the Abstract Template tab within the portal, save it to your desktop and complete it. Use the template to present your abstract in the required format.
Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your text should be no more than 3000 characters (including title, spaces, and tables). Tables are counted as 500 characters.
- Do NOT include authors or affiliations in the abstract
- Do NOT include references in the abstract
- After completing the template, move onto step 3.
Submitting your Abstract
CLICK ON “ABSTRACT SUBMISSION” YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DETAILS PRIOR TO UPLOADING THE ABSTRACT FILE:
- The abstract Title
- Preferred presentation type
- Author names and affiliations
- Presenting Author biography
- Your completed abstract template
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed. If you do not see the Submit button appear on the screen when you are ready to submit please go back to the Review section which will highlight in red the missing information you need to complete before Submitting.
- You will be able to access the speaker portal account to view completed abstracts, and upload new abstract submissions until 7 October 2016. After this date, abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted.
- If you need to make any changes to successfully submitted abstracts, including replacing the abstract, please email the Program Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined in the presenter portal.
Confirming your submissions
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Meeting Office on T +61 3 9645 6311 or email email@example.com
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract.
- Select Podium Presentation if you’d like your abstract to be considered first for Oral Presentation
- Select Poster Presentation if you’d like your abstract to be considered only for poster presentation
- Select “SET Trainee: Podium presentation incl V Marshall” if you are entering your abstract for the Villis Marshall Award Presentations
- Select “SET Trainee: Podium presentation incl K Kirkland” if you are entering your abstract for the Keith Kirkland Award Presentations
- To submit for the Urological Nurses (ANZUNS) program, please select Oral or Poster presentation as your presentation type and select ANZUNS as your theme.
Presentation format details
Successful Podium Presenters will be notified of their presentation time in their program allocation e-mail to be sent out later in November 2016. As a guide, podium presentations will be 5 mins duration.
Poster Presenters will be notified of their presentation time in their program allocation e-mail to be sent out later in November 2016. Full details of the format and display of Posters will be communicated to the nominated presenting author at a later date.
KEITH KIRKLAND/VILLIS MARSHALL PODIUM PRESENTATION
Presentations selected for the Keith Kirkland/Villis Marshall Session will be notified of their presentation time in their program allocation e-mail to be sent later in November 2016. As a guide, Keith Kirkland presentations will be 6 mins, and Villis Marshall presentations will be 7 mins duration.
Entering your author names & affiliations
A “blind” review process will be used for 2017, so please be aware that you are not to include any author names or affiliations anywhere in the body of your abstract. The abstract template has been updated and it is imperative that authors and affiliations are entered correctly on the submission form.
Notification to authors
Notification to Authors on whether the abstract has been accepted will be communicated in November 2016. Please note the details provided as the author contact should have been for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
Accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to BJUI International and will be required to assign copyright to BJUI International.
Abstract speaker registration
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Meeting. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register and pay for the Meeting by 12 December 2016 in order for the presentation to be included in the Meeting Program. The presenter must be one of the authors of the abstract.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Meeting Office.
USANZ 2017 ASM Program Coordinator
D +61 3 9907 8643
T +61 3 9645 6311